Positions vacant at the College are advertised in The Illawarra Mercury, The Sydney Morning Herald and Teachers.on.net.
St Mary’s College is a Good Samaritan Catholic girls’ school for Years 7-12.
The college encourages innovation and creativity and aims to produce graduates who have 21st Century knowledge and skills and who are socially just and caring people.
Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to support the college’s Catholic ethos.
Current Positions - please see links below for current employment positions.
Position Vacant Mathematics Teacher (215 KB)
Position Vacant Indonesian Teacher (220 KB)
Position Vacant PDHPE Teacher (222 KB)
Working with children
All applicants must complete a Working with Children Check
Under the WWCC system the person who is going to be involved in child-related work will need to apply through the NSW Government agency to receive their own ‘clearance’ for child-related work.
Please use the following link for details on obtaining a new check http://www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au/
All teaching applicants must provide the following documents:
- Appropriate application for teaching form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts: original documents (if applying in person) or certified copies (if posting, faxing or emailing application)
- Final practicum report if a New Scheme teacher.
- Applications will only be processed once all paperwork has been received
Application Form for Admin Position (732 KB)
Teacher Role Descriptions (96 KB)
Essential criteria for teaching positions
- Possess a deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of an all‐girl Catholic College embracing the Good Samaritan and Benedictine tradition.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum including appropriate teaching qualifications and accreditation.
- An ability and interest in the integration of ICT to supplement and support education in the classroom.
- Well‐developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the holistic approach to education which challenges the creativity, initiative and ability of each student.
- Willingness to operate within the Pastoral Care framework of the College.
Please return Applications to:
Dr Frank Pitt
St Mary Star of the Sea College
Locked Bag 42 Wollongong
Phone: 4228 6011
Fax: 4229 8555